Cambridge Area Bus Users
Working for bus passengers in and around Cambridge
- Are you concerned about deteriorating bus services in and around Cambridge?
- Does your neighbourhood or village have a decent service?
- What about early mornings, late evenings or Sundays?
Buses are the most-used form of public transport. They serve a vital role within communities, connecting people to key public services, such as schools and hospitals, local amenities, and work – with more people commuting by bus than all other forms of public transport combined1. Overall, there are three times as many trips in England made by local bus than made by rail, with over 60% of public transport trips made by bus2.
1: DfT National Travel Survey Statistics Table NTS0303, Department for Transport, 2017.
2: Annual Bus Statistics: England 2016/17, Department for Transport, 2017.
Cambridge Area Bus Users was formed to stand up for the interests of bus passengers in and around Cambridge.
- All bus users in and around Cambridge are welcome to join us.
- Help us work towards better bus services for the area.
- Please recommend membership throughout your community.
We have a modest membership fee (£5.00 per household per year, though no-one will be refused membership for inability to pay). Why not join us?
You can also get involved by:
- Following us on Twitter @CBGbusUsers
- Liking our page on Facebook
- emailling email@example.com
- following this website (See at the foot of the page.)
- Contacting us.
Please click through to our discussions, posts and comments pages:
- Bus Franchising, Quality Partnerships, and other ways of improving bus services
- Posts & updates
- Bus users’ Comments, Compliments, Complaints and Opinions
Please make a comment yourself, including a link to any website, article, or blog you think would be of interest to local bus users.
If you don’t have your own blog but would like to submit a longer opinion-piece, you’re welcome to contact us to do so. Cambridge Area Bus Users reserve the right to edit, but will attribute it to you, unless you would like to remain anonymous.
We welcome your suggestions for new web-pages and blog-posts.
Minutes of Cambridge Area Bus Users Inaugural General Meeting can be downloaded here. (PDF 1.3 MB)
The most recent General Meeting was held at 14:00 – 16:00, on Saturday 6 October 2018 at Ross Street Community Centre, Ross Street, Cambridge, CB1 3UZ. Minutes of Cambridge Area Bus Users General Meeting of 6 October 2018 can be downloaded here. (PDF 204 KB)
Members, supporters and adherents of Cambridge Area Bus Users who are on our mailing list, are entitled to view the Executive Committee Minutes & Reports webpage and download our minutes and reports, This page is for members, supporters and adherents of Cambridge Area Bus Users to view (and comment upon, if you wish). It is not for general viewing, so has been password protected. Everyone on the mailing list has been, or will be, notified of the password.
Top of page